The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Texas is the second-largest state in the United States in area, after Alaska. The name Texas is a Spanish name, which comes from an Indian word meaning "friends" or "allies." Although it has a wild, frontier history, today Texas is a major producer of oil and has important centers of industry and finance. A Texas state historian has said that the state flower, the bluebonnet, "is to Texas what the shamrock is to Ireland." The Republic of Texas achieved its independence from Mexico in 1836, the same year as the famous siege of the Alamo in which pioneers Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett were slain. The "Lone Star State" was the 28th state to join the Union, admitted in 1845.
Creationist Organizations & Ministries
- Institute for Creation Research Dallas, TX
- Intelligent Design Undergraduate Research Community  Waco, TX
- Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum  Crosbyton, TX
- Creation Evidence Museum Paluxy River, Glen Rose, TX.
- Discovery Center Abilene, Texas
- Texans for Better Science Education 
- Ken Miller's Inaccurate and Biased Evolution Curriculum Intentionally Disregards Texas Science Standards Prentice Hall Biology text refuses to encourage critique or meaningful evaluation and analysis of evolutionary claims. Evolution News and Views, July 12, 2011.
- Supplemental Analysis of Proposed Teaching Materials in Texas Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture, June 30, 2011.
- An Evaluation of Supplementary Biology and Evolution Curricular Materials Submitted for Adoption by the Texas State Board of Education Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture, June 7, 2011.
- Texas two-step New science standards promote critical analysis of evolution. World Magazine, April 25, 2009.
- The Cons of Creationism Editorial regarding Texas public school science education controversy illustrates anticreation stance that permeates U.S. media. New York Times June 7, 2008.
- Texas official: Call it creationism degree The Texas commissioner of higher education suggested that the Institute for Creation Research change the name of its degree program. United Press International Jan. 10, 2008
- Texas to rule on creationist M.A. program A Texas panel has been advised to approve an on-line Master's degree program by the Institute for Creation Research. United Press International. Dec. 19, 2007
- ↑ Nofi, A. A. (May/June 1981). Hessel, Brad. ed. "The Alamo and the Texas War for Independence: September 30, 1835 - April 21, 1836". Strategy & Tactics (New York: Simulations Publications, Inc.) (86): 41-50. ISSN 0049-2310.
- ↑ Texas U.S. Library of Congress, Accessed July 14, 2011.