The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Ham (Hebrew: חם, Ḥām; Greek: Χαμ, Kham; Arabic: حام, Ḥām; "hot" or "burnt") (born ca. Tammuz 1560 AMJuly 2443 BC
Tammuz 1317 He
Tammuz 1560 AM) was the youngest of Noah's three sons (Genesis 9:24 ). His brothers were Shem and Japheth. His sons were Cush, Mizraim, Phut, and Canaan.
The majority of Ham's descendants moved southwest into Africa, and were the forefathers of the nations there. The Bible refers to Egypt as "the land of Ham" in (Psalms 78:51 , Psalms 105:23,27 , Psalms 106:22 , and 1_Chronicles 4:40 ). The Hebrew word for Egypt is Mizraim (literally meaning the two lands), and was the name of one of Ham's sons. The Egyptian word for Egypt was Kemet or Khem, derived from Ham, according to sound change between languages. The names of Ham's other children correspond to regions within Egyptian influence - Canaan, Libya (one main tribe there being the Pitu, probably identical to Phut), and Cush (part of Nubia).
Y-Chromosomal Haplogroup DE. The sons of Ham, with the ancient or modern people groups thought to be associated with their descendants:
- Cush: Dravidians, Black Africans, Bushmen, Pygmies, Australian Aborigines, Papuans, and Melanesians.
- Seba: Sabaeans, Eritreans, Black Africans, Dravidians, and Roma people ("Gypsies").
- Havilah: Yemenis, Djiboutians, Melanesians, Papuans, and Australian Aborigines.
- Sabtah: Hadramites, Astaborans, Ethiopians, Yemenis, Mahra, and the Sab tribe in East Africa.
- Raamah: Ragmeans, Minaeans, Black Africans, and Indians.
- Sabteca: Sabactens of southern Yemen, the Tedas in East Africa and Todas in India.
- Mizraim: Egyptians, Copts, Berbers, and Philistines.
- Phut: Berbers, Libyans, Cyrenacians, Tunisians, Somalians, Sudanese, and North Africans.
- Canaan: Canaanites, Phoenicians, Lebanese, Cypriots, and Maltese people.
- Sidon: Phoenicians, Carthaginians, and Cypriots.
- Heth: Hittites, Hattians, Siouan-Catawban and Iroquoian Indians.
- Jebus: Mixed with Palestinians.
- Amor: Moors.
- Gergash: Albanian Ghegs and Caspians.
- Hivi: Mexican and Guatemalan Indians.
- Arka: Arikara Indians and other Caddoan Indians.
- Sin: Mixed with Chinese and Murrayian Aboriginals.
- Arvad: Mixed with Malays or Burmese.
- Zemar: Indonesians and Filipinos.
- Hamath: Emathians.
- In Search of ... the Origin of Nations by C.M. White.
- Noah's Three Sons An online book by Arthur C. Custance