Biblical archaeology is an important creation science discipline that substantiates the Bible as a valid historical document, and the Biblical chronology as accurate time-line. Each year new discoveries are made, and creationists are encouraged to keep themselves informed of progress in this field.
The Ark of the Covenant (Hebrew: ארון הבּרית, 'ărōn ha-berīth) in the Old Testament of the Bible is the chest the Hebrews used to contain the tablets of the Law given by God to Moses. The Ark was the centerpiece of the Temple in Jerusalem, residing in the Holy of Holies, and seen just once a year by the high priest on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
When the Ark was carried in the open, it was covered by a veil of badger skins, and a blue cloth, concealed even from the Levite priests who were assigned to carry it. When the Hebrews were at rest during the wanderings, the Ark was placed within the tabernacle, a tent-like structure erected as a place of worship, the Ark being placed within a segregated area inside called the “Holy of Holies”.
During the journeys of the Israelites the ark was carried by the priests in advance of the main body of the Hebrew host (Numbers 4:5, 4:6; 10:33-36; Psalms 68:1; 132:8), its power first being demonstrated when it was borne over the Jordan River, which separated into a pathway for the priests to cross (Joshua 3:15, 3:16; 4:7, 4:10, 4:11, 4:17, 4:18). It was borne in the procession round Jericho (Joshua 6:4, 6:6, 6:8, 6:11, 6:12) for seven days prior to the successful capture of that city.
• Anthropology • Archaeological site • Archaeologist • Biblical apologetics • Bible geography • Books • Organization and Ministries • Periodical • Noah's ark • Paleoanthropology • Videos • World geography
A, Anchor stone, Antediluvian civilization, Anthropology, Ararat anomaly, Ark of the covenant, Associates for Biblical Research, B, Biblical archaeology, Biblical archaeology quotes, Biblical Archaeology Review, Biblical chronology, Bryant Wood, C, Caesarea, Cave of John the Baptist, Clifford Wilson, Colosseum, D, Dead Sea scrolls, Decline of humanity, DNA and Babel, Durupinar, E, Edwin Thiele, F, Flood legends, Fundamentalism, H, History, Human, Human body, Human races, I, Ica stone, J, James Ossuary, Jericho L, Language LMLK seals, Location of Noah's ark, M, Marisa tomb painting, Megiddo, N, New chronology, News, Noah's ark, P, Paleoanthropology, Peking Man, Piltdown Man, Q, Qumran, R, Ron Wyatt, S, Search for Noah's ark, The Second Great Battle of Jericho, Second Temple, Sociology, Sodom and Gomorrah, Solomon's Temple, Sothic cycle, T, Temple Mount, Temple of Jerusalem, The Lost Tomb of Jesus, Tomb of Jesus, Tower of Babel,
"I set out to look for truth on the borderland where Greece and Asia meet, and found it there. You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian's and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment." - Sir William Ramsey (eminent archaeologists who changed his mind regarding Luke after extensive study in the field), (1915), The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 1975 reprint), page 89.
"Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements of facts trustworthy; he is possessed of the true historic sense...In short this author should be placed along with the very greatest of historians." - Sir William Ramsey (archaeologist), The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament, 1915, pages 81, 222
- Archaeologists Searching for Ark of the Covenant and Tabernacle Find Biblical Clues at Shiloh Dig Shiloh is mentioned in the Bible as the site where the the Ark and the Tabernacle, believed to be the earthly dwelling place of God, were venerated for close to 369 years. Christian Post, July 18, 2017.
- Archaeologists Discover Solomon-era Linens Archaeologists from Tel Aviv University have unearthed 3,000-year-old dyed wool fabric samples from the time of Kings David and Solomon. Christian Headlines, July 17, 2017.
- Israel to complete east Jerusalem center after controversial UNESCO vote Netanyahu announces plans in the aftermath of two votes the World Heritage Committee took last week in Krakow, Poland. Jerusalem Post, July 9, 2017.
- Uncovered in Jerusalem, 9 tiny unopened Dead Sea Scrolls Researcher finds tantalizing tefillin parchments from Second Temple era, overlooked for decades and unread for 2,000 years. The Times of Israel, March 12, 2014.
- Does a “Recently Deciphered 4,000-Year-Old Tablet” Discredit the Genesis Account of Noah's Ark? Tablet that corroborates the biblical record is used by skeptics to attack the biblical accounts. Answers in Genesis, January 27, 2014.
- Ancient tablet reveals new details about Noah's Ark prototype Author claims old clay tablet from ancient Mesopotamia was the original source of the Flood story found in the Bible. Fox News, January 24, 2014.
- New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ New examination dates the shroud to between 300 BC and 400 AD, which would put it in the era of Christ. USA Today. March 30, 2013.
- Shroud of Turin to be Broadcast Live Shown on television for the first time in 40 years on Easter Saturday. Discovery News. March 30, 2013.