> > > SERVER UPGRADED MAY 2013 < < <
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
Education news archive
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Education news archive is used to list older newsworthy items related to Education (i.e. creation education, public schools, Christian schools etc.). Use current news and recent education news to post news that occurred within the last 12 months.
|Creation vs. Evolution News Archives|
- Does creationism have a place at a public school? The Christian Club on an L.A. Unified campus has heard presentations from a nationally prominent creationist. A biology teacher believes such events undermine science education. Los Angeles Times, December 08, 2012.
- Kentucky's GOP lawmakers question standards for teaching evolution in schools The Kansas City Star, Aug. 15, 2012.
- Evidence for Creation now banned from UK religious education classes Following a campaign by the British Humanist Association, the UK’s Department for Education had revised the regulations relating to government funded schools. Creation Ministries International, July 19, 2012.
- South Korea Surrenders to Creationist Demands A campaign has succeeded in its aims to remove references to evolution, including the avian ancestor Archaeopteryx, from high-school textbooks Scientific American, June 5, 2012.
- Commencement and Evolution Emory University faculty and students sign letter of protest that Commencement speaker Ben Carson doesn’t believe in evolution. Inside Higher Ed, May 8, 2012.
- Natural History Museums Misled School Children Museums have systematically withheld the most important fossils from their dinosaur displays. Global Press Release Distribution, April 10, 2012.
- Tabor’s choice A leading evangelical institution runs evolution-promoting seminars across Australia—and look who's funding the campaign. Creation Ministries International. March 29, 2012.
- Critics say Okla. 'academic freedom' bill promotes creationism in schools; sponsor disagrees Rep. Gus Blackwell says "the purpose of this is to protect (legally) both students, teachers and administrators who teach scientific strengths and weaknesses of scientific topics". The Republic, February 24, 2012.
- Most Americans Support Santorum Amendment's Approach to Teaching Evolution The Sacramento Bee. Jan. 7, 2012.
- New Hampshire's New Scopes Trial New Bill require evolution to be taught as a "theory". TRUTH-OUT.ORG January 7, 2012
- Heavyweights move to ban creation Creation Ministries International named as a ‘threat’ to Britain’s school children. Creation Ministries International, September 21 2011.
- David Attenborough joins campaign against creationism in schools calling on the government to tackle the "threat" of creationism. The Telegraph, September 21 2011.
- 'Question Evolution' campaign gains new ally The Traditional Values Coalition joins forces with Creation Ministries International to encourage students to question the evolutionary dogma that they hear in school. Conservative News and Views August 20, 2011.
- US judges rule for teacher who called creationism 'superstitious nonsense' Did hostile classroom remarks about creationism violate the mandate that the government remain neutral on religion? An appeals court says the teacher has immunity from being sued. Christian Science Monitor, August 19, 2011.
- Ken Miller's Inaccurate and Biased Evolution Curriculum Intentionally Disregards Texas Science Standards Prentice Hall Biology text refuses to encourage critique or meaningful evaluation and analysis of evolutionary claims. Evolution News and Views, July 12, 2011.
- Lawmakers pushing creationism in schools is a bad idea Columnist criticizes lawmakers attempts to allow, or even require, the teaching of creationism. Nashua Telegraph, July 3, 2011.
- Question Evolution. That is what Creation Ministries International wants students and laypeople to do. So they are organizing a grass-roots campaign for that purpose. By Conservative News and Views. Published on May 4, 2011.
- On Evolution, Biology Teachers Stray From Lesson According to a national survey of more than 900 public high school biology teachers continue to teach creationism in US classrooms. New York Time, February 7, 2011.
- Creationism 'alive and well' in Minnesota biology classes Just 28 percent consistently teach evolution, according to a new report. Feb 9, 2011.
- Ohio School Board Fires Teacher John Freshwater For Pushing Christian Agenda In Science Class The Huffington Post, January 1, 2011.
- Is There a Future for Christian Education ICR Grad School closes following ruling in Texas Federal court. Journal of Creation, 24(3). September 2010.
- Christian schools angry over ban on teaching creationism Australian Christian schools will campaign against a decision to effectively ban the teaching of creationism. Sydney Morning Herald, March 3, 2010.
- Evolution Coverage Improves, Review Finds US public school's science standards cover evolution more extensively than they did nearly a decade ago. Education Week. August 12, 2009.
- Creationist exams comparable to international A-levels according to the National Recognition Information Centre's evaluation of International Certificate of Christian Education curriculum. The Guardian, July 31, 2009
- California youth prevails in suit on teacher's comment about creationism Tederal judge ruled that a public high school history teacher violated the First Amendment when he called creationism "superstitious nonsense" during a classroom lecture. San Jose Mercury News. May 5, 2009.
- Graduate School Sues Texas Agency Over Academic Discrimination The ICR Graduate School is suing the Texas Higher Ed Coordinating Board, its commissioner, and several of its members for unconstitutional discrimination in their handling of the School's application for accreditation. Christian Newswire. April 21, 2009.
- Texas goes, so goes the nation on textbooks The State Board of Education adopted science standards that call on students to “evaluate and critique scientific explanations” including the evidence on evolution-related topics like the fossil record, natural selection as an evolutionary mechanism, the complexity of the cell, and the common ancestry of humans and animals. Washington Examiner. April 9, 2009.
- Louisiana Creates: New Pro-Intelligent Design Rules for Teachers Board of Elementary and Secondary Education adopted a policy that gives teachers license to use materials outside of the regular curriculum to teach alternative scientific theories, such as intelligent design. January 15, 2009. Science Insider.
- School in clear over teaching creation A Christian school in Australia that teaches a biblical view of creation in science classes has been cleared of breaching state curriculum requirements for the teaching of evolution. The Sydney Morning Herald. December 9, 2008
- The Latest Face of Creationism in the Classroom Creationists who want religious ideas taught as scientific fact in public schools continue to adapt to courtroom defeats. By Glenn Branch and Eugenie C. Scott, Scientific American. December, 2008
- Scientists unite for science curriculum Texas Darwinists denouce teaching creationism in public school science classrooms. The Houston Chronicle. September 30, 2008.
- Royal Society scientist loses post after suggesting teaching creationism in schools. After Prof. Michael Reiss suggested that creationism be taught as a world view he was fired as Director of Education at the Royal Society. London Daily Telegraph, September 17, 2008.
- Leading scientist urges teaching creationism in schools by Lewis Smith and Alexandra Frean. The Education Director of the Royal Society says that summarily dismissing creation beliefs would be self-defeating. The London Times, September 12, 2008.
- A Teacher on the Front Line as Faith and Science Clash Teacher that helped write education standards mandating that students learn the evolutionary tree of life, applauds success in teaching evangelical protestants evidence of evolutionary change. New York Times, August 23, 2008.
- California Judge Rules Against Academic Freedom Judge has allowed the University of California (UC) to continue denying course credit for college preparatory classes from Christian high schools. Science Daily Updates, Institute for Creation Research. August 15, 2008
- Judge says UC can deny religious course credit UC discrimination specifically targets Christian high schools whose textbooks declare the Bible infallible and reject evolution. San Francisco Chronicle. August 13, 2008.
- CA Appeals Court Clears Way for Homeschooling California appeals court overturns a previous ruling clearing the way for parents to homeschool their children. American Center for Law and Justice. August 8, 2008.
- Homeschooling OK – even in California Court reversed ruling that parents had no right to teach children. WorldNetDaily. August 08, 2008
- Missouri Becomes Third State to Introduce Academic Freedom Legislation on Teaching of Evolution Missouri Rep. Wayne Cooper has introduced HB 2554. Evolution News and Views. April 3, 2008
- The Cons of Creationism Editorial regarding Texas public school science education controversy illustrates anticreation stance that permeates U.S. media. New York Times June 7, 2008.
- Academia to high schools: No God allowed State rejects Christian education as valid for university admissions. WorldNetDaily. July 19, 2008.
- Louisiana Confounds the Science Thought Police governor has signed into law an act to protect teachers who want to encourage critical thinking. By John G. West. National Review Online. July 8, 2008.
- Louisiana Passes Landmark Science Education Act Senate passed a academic freedom bill protecting teachers that encourage critical thinking and objective discussion about evolution. Discovery Institute. June 16, 2008
- Judge orders homeschoolers into government education California court has ruled against family's religious beliefs. WorldNetDaily. February 29, 2008
- Angry scientists protest Pope's visit to Roman university 67 professors signed statement calling for cancellation citing a 1990 speech. Catholic World News Jan. 14, 2008
- Texas official: Call it creationism degree The Texas commissioner of higher education suggested that the Institute for Creation Research change the name of its degree program. United Press International Jan. 10, 2008
- Texas to rule on creationist M.A. program A Texas panel has been advised to approve an on-line Master's degree program by the Institute for Creation Research. United Press International. Dec. 19, 2007
- European panel condemns creationism effort European lawmakers approved a report condemning efforts to teach creationism in schools. United Press International. Oct. 5, 2007
- Academic Freedom Expelled from Baylor University The Evolutionary Informatics Laboratory website has been taken offline because of anonymous complaints linking the lab to intelligent design. Evolution News & Views. September 5, 2007
- Christians would rather move than hear evolution Fifteen families have chosen to leave their homes rather than attend Canadian government "sanctioned" schools where evolution is taught. World Net Daily. August 17, 2007
- Creation versus Evolution at the European Parliament Anticreationists respond to a seminar at the European Parliament entitled “Teaching Evolution Theory in Europe – Is your child being indoctrinated in the classroom?” International Humanist and Ethical Union August 7 2007.
- Teach the controversy Two years after Intelligent Design advocates lost a key court battle, some biology classrooms and ID supporters are finding a balanced approach to evolution that—so far—is lawsuit-proof. by Mark Bergin. World Magazine. July 21, 2007
- Astronomer Guillermo Gonzalez Appeals Tenure Denial to Iowa Board of Regents by John West. Discovery Institute: Evolution Views and News. July 11, 2007
- Protesters, Visitors Flock To the Newly Opened Creation Museum As the Creation Museum's doors opened, about 100 protesters were outside the front gates; and the line for people entering ran around the building. News 5. May 28, 2007.
- Proponent of intelligent design denied tenure by ISU Guillermo Gonzalez, author of The Privileged Planet and assistant professor of astronomy/physics at Iowa State has been scrutinized by faculty who are concerned about the growing prominence of Gonzalez's work in intelligent design. The Ames Tribune. 05/12/2007.
- Colleges: Bible verses contaminate textbooks Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) files laysuit against the University of California for banning the Christian texts from high school core requirements for college entrance. May 02, 2007. WorldNetDaily.com
- Bruce Chapman and John West: Are the Darwinists afraid to debate us? professors are seeking to prevent scientists and philosophers who support the theory of intelligent design from explaining their views at conference on the Southern Methodist University campus. The Dallas Morning News. April 10, 2007
- Bringing the Bible back into public schools By Chuck Norris. WorldNetDaily. April 09, 2007
- Bible study in public schools pushed Lawmaker wants to have public school districts offer an elective course in the history and literature of the Old and New Testaments. Express News. April 04, 2007
- Biology Teacher Fired for 'Polluting' Evolution Lesson with Bible By The Associated Press. Mar. 20 2007.
- Oregon Biology Teacher Fired Over Bible References Fox News. March 20, 2007
- St. Petersburg court rejects schoolgirl's suit over Darwinism Suit by Russian girl asking for the right to study other theories on origins dismissed. Russian News and Information Agency February 21, 2007
- 'Young Earth' creationist stirs a scholarly storm NCSE director Eugenie Scott expresses concern over granting a doctorate to a creationist whose work is described as "impeccable" by his graduate advisor. The Vancouver Sun. February 17, 2007
- Kansas Repeals Evolution Ruling Language considered to be challenging to evolution was repealed by the newly-elected Kansas state Board of Education. CBS February 13, 2007
- Creationism gains foothold in schools The government has cleared the way for a form of creationism to be taught in Britain’s schools as part of the religious syllabus. The Sunday Times - Britain. December 31, 2006.
- Evangelical schools ordered to teach Darwin The Quebec Ministry of Education has told unlicensed Christian evangelical schools that they must teach Darwin's theory of evolution. National Post. October 24, 2006
- Fundamentalist Christian Group Gets School of Their Own ...Their case histories are documented by several homeschooling initiatives in Germany which are lobbying for greater educational freedom. Deutsche Welle World. 31 August, 2006.
- Federal judge rules on landmark Intelligent Design case Teaching ID as alternative to evolution deemed unconstitutional. by Pam S. Sheppard, staff writer, AiG–USA. December 20, 2005
- Judge rules against 'intelligent design' in class Pennsylvania science teachers will not be forced to advocate "intelligent design" after a judge ruled that that the theory is really religion in disguise. NewScientist.com December 20, 2005
- 'Intelligent Design' Defense Opens CBS News Oct. 17, 2005. Michael Behe testified Monday that evolution alone can't explain complex biological processes and he believes God is behind them.
- Evolution Debate In Federal Court CBS News Sept. 26, 2005. Eighty years after the Scopes Monkey Trial, the latest legal chapter in the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools is to unfold in federal court.
- Defending “design” in Dover (Pennsylvania, USA) School policy that questions Darwin and informs about intelligent design goes to federal court. by Pam Sheppard, staff writer, AiG–USA. September 26, 2005
- University of California sued for discriminating against Christian courses Some college-prep classes deemed “too religious”. AiG–USA. September 6, 2005
- Debating Darwinism Kansas Board of Education will begin a six-day debate on the teaching of Darwinian evolution, but Darwinian scientists have chosen to boycott the debate claiming it is similar to debating whether the earth is round. The Washington Times May 5, 2005
- Intelligent design: Who has designs on your students' minds? The intelligent-design movement is a small but growing force on US university campuses. For some it bridges the gap between science and faith, for others it goes beyond the pale. Nature April 28, 2005
- Would you Adam and Eve it? A teachers' union has said it is alarmed by an increase in lessons which teach that Adam and Eve was the literal truth, rather the fable which science believes it to be. BBC News. April 1, 2005.
- Pennsylvania Parents File First-Ever Challenge to “Intelligent Design” Instruction in Public Schools "Intelligent Design" is Religious Argument, not Science, Say Parents. December 14, 2004
- Controversy over life's origins: Students should learn to assess competing theories San Fransisco Chronicle. December 10, 2004
- Anti-evolution teachings gain foothold in U.S. schools Pennsylvania school board has ordered that biology teachers make students "aware of gaps/problems" in the theory of evolution. November 30, 2004
- Candidates say schools have right to question evolution May 29th, 2004
- Minnesota Becomes Third State to Require Critical Analysis of EvolutionDiscovery Institute - May 17, 2004
- An Academic Ax Professor Dumped Over Evolution Beliefs. by Jim Brown and Ed Vitagliano. Agape Press. March 11, 2003
- Academic Freedom in the Balance News by the Institute for Creation Research