Ancient dinosaur depiction
8th-10th century Saxon carving showing bipedal (2-legged) dinosaurs (theropods) attacking a group of quadrupeds (4-legged).
12th century Stegosaur carving at the Ta Prohm Temple near Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
The Ishtar Gate in Babylon was constructed in about 575 BC by order of King Nebuchadnezzar II. Also depicted on the gate were Aurochs (an ancient ancestor of domestic cattle).
Sauropod petroglyph originally discovered in 1879 in the Havasupai Canyon in Arizona.(reproduction)
Cockatrice (Basilisk) from Historia Naturalis an encyclopedia published circa AD 77-79 by Gaius Plinius Secundus (Pliny the Elder), which was translated to German, illustrated and published in 1584.
Cockatrice from Mundus Subterraneus by Athanasius Kircher, 1664.
Basilisk from Serpentum et draconum historiae (History of the Dragon Serpent) by Ulisse Aldrovandi, 1640.
Saint George fighting the dragon, by Raphael 1505.
Beowulf fighting the dragon.
Wawel dragon in Kraków, Poland during the reign of Krakus, in the 10th century.
The lion (Christ) kills the basilisk (devil), 1180. Gurk Cathedral, Austria.
Basilisk (13th century). Carmelite monastery of Bamberg, Germany.
Saint Michael killing a dragon. City seal of Zwolle, Netherlands from 1295.
Alexander the Great battling monsters (French 15th century miniature).
Kukulkan at the base of the stairway of El Castillo, Chichen Itza.
Quetzalcoatl from the temple in Teotihuacan in central Mexico.
- Ishtar Gate by Wikipedia.
- The Dinosaur Next Door by John Morris 2008. Acts & Facts. 37 (6): 13.
- Ancient Dinosaur Depictions by Genesis Park.
- Dinosaurs in Literature, Art & History by OOPARTS & ANCIENT HIGH TECHNOLOGY.
- Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs lived together, at the same time: Artifacts and Art work by the Young Earth Creationist Club.
- DINOGLYPHS - DINOLITS
- Dinosaur Artwork by Don Patton