The Creation Wiki is now operating on a new and improved server.
Dembski's filter can detect design (Talk.Origins)
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- Design can be recognized by the following filter:
- If an event E has high probability, accept regularity as an explanation; otherwise move to the next step.
- If the chance hypothesis assigns E a high probability or E is not specified, then accept chance; otherwise move down the list.
- Having eliminated regularity and chance, accept design.
- Dembski, William A., 1998. The Design Inference: Eliminating chance through small probabilities. Cambridge University Press.
CreationWiki response: (Talk.Origins quotes in blue)
1. (See complex specified information, which this claim is equivalent to.)
Actually, the two are not equivalent. Complex specified information is part of information theory, where the Explanatory Filter is simply a detection method.
See claim CI110 on complex specified information.